Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

I didn't know Facebook was so highbrow

I recently joined Facebook.  It's an interesting place.  I joined for 2 reasons:  1) to find and reconnect with old friends and acquaintances, and 2) to drive readership to this site.  Now, before I am accused of  furthering my own self serving interest in regard to reason No. 2, I do point out this site has no ads, no point and click  moneymaking opportunities, (ironic I put a hotlink here, isnt it?  Don't worry.  It's just a link to a past story) or any other spam generating content.   I do this because I like to write and I want to share it with others.  That's it.  It also serves as a written testimony to the activities of the weirdo's, wackos, and misfits, that surround my life.  No one could make this shit up. 

A lot of groups and businesses have pages on Facebook to gain exposure and create interest in their product or cause.   The meddling  FTI Board of Directors thought that joining as an organization would be a good idea, convened an emergency meeting, and voted to join as well.    Our page was up within 2 hours as the dopey IT team suddenly came to life and made something happen before their normal 3pm "benchmark of excellence".  2 hours after that, however, it was down, temporarily suspended, and ultimately banned with a terse statement from Facebook that we had violated their terms concerning intellectual rights.  This message was met with mixed reaction here at FTI.  While we are saddened we can't reach a larger audience, we are encouraged.  Our legal team is currently poring over this statement as they have always believed we offer nothing resembling anything remotely intellectual in the first place.  There must be something we are missing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your corrections, musings, and notes of sympathy. Due to the limited cognitive ability of our staff, please limit words to no higher than a fourth grade comprehension level.