Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

And how is everything here?

Mrs. Kfred and I went to dinner last night at our local Red Lobster. We hadn't gone out to "dinner" in a while and though Red Lobster isn't actually anything special, I had a craving for those cheesy garlic biscuits they serve and went to get some.

After being assured by the hostess that my server would act as my seafood "expert", we were greeted by a nice lady whom explained the menu and took our order for 2 glasses of Fat Tire Ale. 10 minutes later, I assume our 2 Fat Tires suffered a blowout as I spot them on a tray at another table waiting for some rescue as she is taking the order of a 6 person table. We eventually get the beer, place our dinner order, and wait. 5 minutes later our salads arrive with a basket of 2 of those desirable biscuits. Two. As we were both hungry, we ate the great salads and one biscuit apiece in no time at all. In the meantime, Melissa, our expert is MIA. I assume she is attending a seafood conference to burnish her credentials as she is nowhere to be found. A different person arrives with our meals and leaves before I can make a request for more biscuits. We start eating the entrees and about halfway through our meal, I notice that I didn't have a glass of water. About that same time, Melissa shows up and happens to ask if I would like some water. I indicate that I would and would also like some more biscuits. She replied, " You must have been reading my mind as I was just going to ask you that". I immediately get a huge class of ice water and a straw, but no biscuits. Though Melissa must be related to Kreskin with her telepathic ability, her family lineage must also trace the bloodlines of the Hoffa family as the biscuits obviously are in the same place as cousin Jimmy: location unknown.

In re-reading this post, I don't want to appear grumpy or grouchy. I don't know what the problem was. There appeared to be enough staff in the restaurant. Melissa actually was very pleasant and seemed knowledgable. The food was good. I just know that I spent $45 on an experience that neither of us felt was worth it. Oh, and to answer the original question? Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your corrections, musings, and notes of sympathy. Due to the limited cognitive ability of our staff, please limit words to no higher than a fourth grade comprehension level.