Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A look forward

I received my yearly Social Security projection statement in the mail yesterday and it is a bit surprising. Though I am close to 2 decades away from even thinking about retirement, it gives me a glimpse of the type of monthly income I can expect to receive when I actually do retire. Putting aside all of the political rhetoric as to where to place blame for the whole Social Security fiasco (and adhering to the official FTI political party line that all elected bastards are liars), I do wonder about my financial future.

As our 2 frequent readers know, ours is a non-profit venture; I receive no direct compensation from the Institute for my efforts here. The state does send a small monthly caretaker stipend in return for my supervision of the Misfits, however. Our steadfast refusal to display any pennies-per-click ads in our area of cyberspace prevent us from collecting a little bit of extra dough, so, basically, I rely on my real job, Mrs. Kfred's part time income, and the belief that Dickie the Peap actually is loaded to such a degree any "crumbs" I happen to pick-up in his wake may well sustain me. Gummo, the Balloon Boy, and the Rat Bastard G have their own special needs and though Gummo has me designated in his will to acquire his bicycle upon his demise, the actual pawn shop value would be no more than perhaps $15. Not exactly big money.


When I retire, I want to have the freedom to go places without worries of money. Throwing all caution to the wind and abandoning the rock solid values I have practiced for years, I am seriously considering making a dramatic life changing financial move: The RV pictured above can be purchased for a song. Due to the current economic crisis, the owner is forced to part with it for pennies on the dollar. I think it would look great, with Gummo's bike on the top and the bumper sticker: "We're spending the FTI endowment fund."

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty sure I have seen that lovely RV here in Oklahoma. No, seriously! Or at least one of it's inbred relatives.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your corrections, musings, and notes of sympathy. Due to the limited cognitive ability of our staff, please limit words to no higher than a fourth grade comprehension level.