Well, it's getting down to that time of year again. Time to get rid of the old and bring in the new. Time to implement some new policies, procedures, and methods designed to assure our 2 faithful readers that, yes indeed, though this website is indeed a waste of bandwidth over the internet, maybe there's a glimmer of hope that something useful will eventually surface here.
Like most major news outlets, I thought it would be good form to review some of our highlights (low points?) of the past year. Though certainly accessible on our weekly Green Sunday random results tool, I draw your attention to these particular posts for their ability to demonstrate the properties of what occurs here on a daily basis: planned stupidity. Hopefully, we can avoid these type of events in the future. With that in mind, here are a couple of examples:
* Pete Barbutti is our adopted musical inspiration here at FTI. After viewing this, you will know why.
* Dicky the Peap is one of our staff members whom was unfortunately born with this affliction. Chalk this one up to simply "Life isn't fair."
* The staff picnic was the summer highlight for our team at FTI. Gummo, the Balloon Boy, failed to heed the 30 minute swimming rule after eating and as a result ended up with cramps. Gummo, Mom is always right.
* Mrs. Kfred is highly regarded by both the staff and obviously, myself. She's on her own on this one, however.
* And lastly, our hoped for theme song as we move into 2010.
One bit of 2009 sad news that needs to be passed along: Our local State Attorney General has informed us that we will be required to continue to perform community service for an undetermined amount of time. The Institute's orignal charter was envisioned to be based on need on a short-term emergency basis, but, has now bloated to a cumbersome bureacracy. Despite my best leadership efforts, the incompetencies continue. Oh, the humanity.