Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

A pause for Thanks

Ah, today is Thanksgiving; my favorite holiday. I like Thanksgiving because it is the only holiday that isn't commercialized or taken over for profit. I'm not being altruistic or Pollyanna-ish.  I just appreciate the fact that family can get together, enjoy each others company, eat some great food, and relax.  I have never thought Thanksgiving has received the proper respect; it's more than a bump in the road on the calendar toward Christmas.  Everyone is in a hurry on the highway of life, but,  Thanksgiving is the "Reduced Speed Ahead" sign that safely brings our life priorities back into focus. 

Kfred Jr 1 and his fiancé, Goldilocks,  are going to join us for dinner.  Kfred Jr 2 has too short of a turnaround time to be with us now, but, will be home later at Christmas (we're anxious to see you buddy!)  I am thankful for these 2 amazing young men.  I am thankful for my wonderful life partner, best friend, lover, and thought compass for 28 years, Mrs. Kfred.  I love you dear.   I am thankful for my friendship with (this is hard to admit) the countless dimwits that serve as inspirational fodder for subjects posted  here on a daily basis:  Gummo the Balloon Boy, Dickie the Peap, Freako Deako, Marv the Neighbor, Trumpster, Ace, Commando Barney, the Boy McCoy,  and the rest.  With the antics and ideas that involve you, this is really easy to do on a daily basis.  Please, don't stop.  And finally, I thank you, the reader.  Plano, Lakewood, Spokane, Seoul, Atlanta, London, Perris, Los Angeles, Columbia.  Wherever you are, I wish you a great holiday and thank you for your support.  I'll be back tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that.

My life is truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Well, happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Kfred. They get gold stars for having interacted with you these many years.

    You are a good friend and deserve the great family you have.

    Again have a happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your corrections, musings, and notes of sympathy. Due to the limited cognitive ability of our staff, please limit words to no higher than a fourth grade comprehension level.