Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Objection overruled

Alas, My Perry Mason moment did not occur yesterday. 

As is typical of this entire story, everything got bogged down due to the inefficiency of Ms. Ding-a-ling and her rambling, unfocused, and belligerent questioning of some of my fellow plaintiffs.  As a result, I kept being pushed back later in the schedule and now am supposed to be first up to bat today. 

Yesterday did have some interesting moments as there were 2 incidents of altered documents uncovered.  One of my fellow plaintiffs was accused of parking his RV on his own property visible from the street (Whoop!  Thats a violation!) 6 months in advance of even having purchased it!  Ms. Ding-a-Ling pulled an instant 180 when it was discovered and that was the end of it.  I can't read the judge in all of this as he has a cold, stony, pokerface.  Shifty assures me that he has a brilliant mind and is taking this all into account as it occurs.  I hope so, because if I lose this thing,  I and my fellow plaintiffs, are going to be on the hook for a shitload of money in attorney fees.     

I write this with cold, clammy fingers; not from nervousness, rather excitement.  I cannot wait to tell my story and actually mix it up a bit with Ms. Ding-a-ling.  I hope no one wants to shake my hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your corrections, musings, and notes of sympathy. Due to the limited cognitive ability of our staff, please limit words to no higher than a fourth grade comprehension level.