Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It was Tuesday; we were talking to a guy........

Not to be confused with the historical landmark 1925 Scopes Monkey Trial, in anticipation of the upcoming FTI Dopes Trial, I had a dream last night that I was being questioned. Instead of being cross-examined by Miss Ding-a-Ling, the defense attorney, I was subjected to a Dragnet like inquiry and examination by someone. I didn't recognize the character and  I do not expect this type of treatment  in real life when I testify tomorrow, but, it was kind of odd. I'm not the one being accused of wrong doing.  I have done nothing wrong. 

"So, you are the guy that founded this "Institute".  Is that right?"
"Yeah, What of it? "
"What do you do there?  What's it's purpose?"
"It's designed to advance and share some alternative thinking."
"How's that?"
"Look, I just observe what I see and write about it.  Nothing more.  I can't help that these guys are idiots." 
"Yeah?"
"Yeah." 
"Look,  Mr. "Executive Director".  It's people like you who make fun of the Gummos, the Rat Bastard's, the Dickie the Peap's of the world. You whine about their actions within your little organization;  the weak-minded, the mentally feeble, the cheapest of them.  You created them. You collected them. Now, they are yours.  You own them.   Got it?"
"But,  I never thought I would end up being responsible for them!"
"No,  I bet you didn't, smart guy.  Sure it's easy to deny any responsibility; take cheap shots, embarrass this group.  Point out their weaknesses.   But in the end, it's guys like you  that guys like me have to clean up after."
"Yeah, how?"
"We use them for stiffs in the morgue.  They're dead from the head up anyway."

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your corrections, musings, and notes of sympathy. Due to the limited cognitive ability of our staff, please limit words to no higher than a fourth grade comprehension level.