Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

OK. Now put that thing away.

Mrs. Kfred and I are invited to a Halloween party this coming Friday night.  I am always amazed how adults have hijacked this innocent night of kid's celebration  into something for themselves.  I don't remember all of the adult centered events when I was a kid.  It just seems like the adults have stolen this day as an excuse to party in drag.  Kind of like the Green Comic's audience when he starts singing karaoke.  Anyways, my task was to develop a costume.

Now, most Halloween parties have the obligatory couples with the his and her theme:  Superman and Lois Lane, Adam and Eve, Bill and Hillary, Ziegfried and Roy, etc.  Mrs. Kfred was about to have no part in a couples themed get-up, so, I was on my own.   Trying to think what men wear to these type of parties,  I realized  there are the standard men wearing womens clothes, Surgical scrubs, soldier fatigues and the like.  I wanted to do something edgy, something different.  I have been told that my ceremonial Executive Director's regalia is splendid and very costume-like and that I should wear it.  Of course, the solemnity and reverence of that garb is nearly spiritual-like and that  wearing it to a common Halloween party would be tantamount to blasphemy.  Besides, I wouldn't want to get it dirty before I compete at our yearly FTI  BBQ Ribfest and Catfish Fry  Smackdown.   No, I needed something a bit different. 

After a few days of quiet meditation, careful consideration, and considerable planning, it came to me: I would be the Genie in the Bottle!    Unable to locate my 90's era MC Hammer pants, nor, my Mr. Clean Bald Skullcap, I realized some quick improvisation was in order.   Patterning specifically after Disney's Aladdin character, I was able to throw the garb pictured below together in short order. 

I feel confident about the costume.  I'm just not sure how I am going to be able to steer the car. 

5 comments:

  1. HEY PAL!!! WHY NOT GO NAKED ON A PAIR OF ROLLER SKATES, CALL YOURSELF A PULLTOY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could wear those peach pit earrings that made you so excited. Both heads would be close to something shriveled. What a unique costume-in the buff. You might lose your pride if it is cold though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The above comments are an actual display of the demographic and intelligence level of our reading audience. They also double as examples of the deeds and thoughts of the two biggest losers associated here at FTI, the Green Comic and Dickie the Peap.

    My humble apologies to our 2 faithful readers for having to endure this "Sideshow of the Mind" display. I exhibit it only as an example for parents to use when their children become unruly. They can then point to these 2 examples and say, "You don't want to end up like these two do you?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously....boys never grow up, do they?

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your corrections, musings, and notes of sympathy. Due to the limited cognitive ability of our staff, please limit words to no higher than a fourth grade comprehension level.