Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

2 wings of the same bird

I am not very much of a political partisan as I believe both the Democrats and Republicans are just 2 versions of the same broken model. Here's a couple of examples of what I think is wrong with our political system:

I have never been a fan of the Kennedy's, but, do note this morning's announcement of the passing of Democratic Senator Ted Kennedy. I didn't agree with most of his politics, but, do offer praise for his work to further Civil Rights and to help his sister with her work for the Special Olympics program. With that said, however, I don't believe we should have an elected official in the same office for over 47 years. I believe they lose touch with the average person, jussssst a bit.

On the other hand, you have the idiot Republican Governor of South Carolina. This guy spent state money while having an extramarital affair, got caught, and won't resign. Nice. Once you get elected, whatever is proper and correct goes out the window.

Is it a wonder the American people are fed up with politics as usual?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your corrections, musings, and notes of sympathy. Due to the limited cognitive ability of our staff, please limit words to no higher than a fourth grade comprehension level.