Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

What we have here is a "failure to communicate"

The hinge on the cell phone I own recently broke and I was pleased to learn that Verizon would replace the entire phone at no charge. I am only 45 days away from the free upgrade and didn't want to have to buy a phone.

The replacement phone arrived yesterday, so I dutifully unpacked the phone and began the programming to get the phone operational. When I originally went to the Verizon store, the clerk told me that they would replace the phone under warranty and there would be no charge. What he FAILED to inform me was that I would receive a reconditioned/refurbished phone. The new phone is the exact same model as the old one. The performance, however, is not. After charging it overnight, the damn thing does not work. If I remove the battery and put it back into the original phone, life is good. Insert battery into new phone: no go. So, it's off to the retail Hell known as the phone store to try to get some help. I equate this to a visit to Chuck E Cheese when I was younger: necessary but not actually pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your corrections, musings, and notes of sympathy. Due to the limited cognitive ability of our staff, please limit words to no higher than a fourth grade comprehension level.